Dave's Energy

Monday, July 31, 2006

I just caught wind of this

This monday morning, I first read an article in today's Wall Street Journal which said that pension funds are pouring money into wind power as "an alternative source of low-risk, high-yield investment." This took me by surprise, primarily because I didn't realize that wind power was being perceived as a low-risk investment. I saved the article and planned on looking at the topic a little harder later on.

As luck would have it, later on proved to be a few minutes later. In the latest (August 7, 2006) issue of US News and World Report magazine, there is an article speaking on the difficulties the wind energy companies are having with the FAA, et al. Ahh, this is the wind I remember. There is no doubt that more funds are being directed to wind energy, but there shouldn't be any doubt either that there are some significant hurdles to jump before wind energy can be touted as a safe investment.

WSJ article (subscription required): http://online.wsj.com/article/SB115430735542421868.html?mod=DEN

US News article: http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/articles/060730/7wind.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home