Dave's Energy

Monday, December 12, 2005

HYDROgen still requires HYDROcarbons

Whenever I get into a discussion about high oil prices with someone who is disconnected from the energy industry, I inevitably hear about hydrogen fuel cells and how we can "replace fossil fuels". I know the subject will come up over the holidays when I get together with my much-enlightened "green" family members. So, it is important to remind ourselves of the cogent facts on hydrogen, which Donald Anthrop did so very nicely last year in a paper published by the Cato Institute. It bears reading again...especially as it is a good reminder of why I am so positive that natural gas will be a huge part of our ongoing energy picture. Here's the link:

http://www.cato.org/pubs/briefs/bp90.pdf

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home